Schedulon™ Programmable Digital Message Repeater with Scheduling and Recording
The ultimate digital message repeater and recorder, the Schedulon can be easily be configured for both on-demand and scheduled audio playback. Features include playlists, multi-format audio file compatibility (MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC), highly accurate real time clock, convenient cross-platform user interface for easy programming, 32GB memory card. Powerful and flexible, the Schedulon can be used both a stand-alone device with no connectivity or deployed on a network.
Perfect for commercial and industrial applications, theme parks, school, hospitals, libraries, transportation hubs and much, much more.
Schedulon is trusted by
. . . . . . . . . . .
Technomad products are also trusted by all branches of the US military, all major cruise lines, multiple major theme parts and various professional sports stadiums across the world.
The Schedulon digital message repeater offers both on-demand playback and automatic unattended playback of audio files stored on the device. For on-demand playback, sounds are triggered via a convenient knob and screen interface. For scheduled playback, the Schedulon can be easily programmed to trigger sounds on a wide range of parameters – i.e. a bell every day at 08:00, safety announcements every 30 minutes, a special song every Saturday at 10:00, etc.
Robust SD card memory (no hard-drive) makes the Schedulon message repeater tough and reliable – and unlike a PC-based solution, it can’t catch a virus or crash due to operating system errors. A robust internal Real Time Clock (RTC) ensures accurate time (+/-1 sec/mo), or the unit can be synched to an internet Time Server.
Schedulon audio files are stored on an internal 32GB SD card. Capacity is 200+ hours of audio in MP3 format and over 900 hours of audio can be stored on the Schedulon with a SD card upgrade.
The Schedulon playlist feature allows users to quickly create playlists of audio files. Once created, playlists can then be both scheduled for playback just like a single audio file as well as assigned to a knob for on-demand playback. Playlists can be set to either play the audio file set in random or specific order. » Read More
The Schedulon can record audio from its stereo line-in jacks – audio is encoded as either OGG Hifi profile 44kHz format or 24kHz ADPCM-WAV format. Recorded audio files can be assigned to any desired knob location for playback. You can also use the recorded sound in a schedule for automatic playback.
The Schedulon easily integrates with your existing audio systems (i.e. internal building audio systems) using standard line-level cables. Both unbalanced and balanced audio connections are available. The Schedulon can also be ordered integrated with any Technomad Turnkey PA System. [ Technomad makes complete Carillon systems also – click here for more information. ]
Applications: facility scheduling (schools, airports, hospitals, casinos), corporate audio (no CDs to misplace, looping BGM and on-demand Cues), training, sports facilities (load team music or special effects for instant playback), automatic safety announcements (i.e. ‘airport announcements’), theme park audio, sound-effects, pool-side music or DJ applications, and much more.
» Read an application article about the Schedulon at Simi Valley Hosipital.
Sounds can be loaded via three methods. For large batches of sounds or large audio files, the quickest option is to pop out the SD card, mount it to a computer and directly copy files onto the card. Files can also be uploaded and managed files via LAN or Internet connection using the web UI. Audio files can also be created via the Schedulon’s built-in recording function.
Unlike competing devices, ALL data storage – sounds, knob assignments, settings, and schedules – are stored on one, removable internal SD card. This means you can ‘clone’ an entire Schedulon setup to a folder on your computer, and even duplicate that folder to new SD cards to create exact working duplicates of a configured Schedulon
You can remotely manage the Schedulon via Internet / LAN connection – upload or delete audio files, edit the schedule, trigger sound playback or recording, make knob assignments and more – using any standard web browser. Web interface is password protected. There is also a Valet Mode which gives users limited access to the unit with a valet mode password. This mode allows users to trigger audio playback events via the web UI without having any access to device configuration or programming.
Features & Specifications (v4.0)
- Cross-platform compatible – easily programmed using a PC, Mac, Linux, etc… computer with a modern web browser. No dedicated application required.
- Hatch-protected SD card (Security Screw option to meet non-removable media requirements)
- Dimensions: 1.75″ high, 19.5″ wide, 10.5″ deep (1U Rackmount)
- Weight: 4 lbs.
- Storage: 32 GB Standard – 200+ hours of audio at high quality. Unlimited tracks (to memory max). Easy upgrades for more memory.
- All sound files and schedule / knob assignment data are stored on SD card for easy removal and ‘cloning’ of the Schedulon if desired.
- File Transfer: Ethernet cable connects to PC, OR by removing SD card drive and connecting to PC.
- Standard file format – no proprietary card format, no special audio format.
- Local Recording – record audio directly to any knob position from the Schedulon’s line-in. Integral OGG or WAV encoding keeps audio quality high, file sizes small. Use recorded audio in schedules for automatic playback (see below), and/or play the recorded audio from the assigned knob ‘slot’.
- Scheduling: Unlimited scheduled events – sounds can be automatically played at any time of day on specific days of the week / weekdays / weekends, or at specific days. Sounds can be repeated and looped as part of a schedule. Audio files played from the front knob interrupt scheduled audio (for emergency warnings, etc), but scheduled audio resumes with next event start. Up to 100 lines of scheduling can be created.
- Instant Access: Audio files can be assigned to any of 99 Knob positions – these audio files can be selected from the knob on the front of the unit, and played instantly. Sounds can be set to loop indefinitely, play once through, or play only while the knob is pushed in.
- Ideal upgrade from: Roland AR-100, AR-200, Ar-3000, EV-20R, EV-700 TOA message repeaters, alarm co digital message repeaters, Alcorn-McBride digital audio players, Sonorous, and other commercial-grade audio playback systems.
- Password-protected front knob lock out option
- Remote control of unit (play sounds, stop sound playback) via network CGI-command language
- Edit schedule of units remotely via network
- Upload / delete sounds in unit remotely via network
- Power: 110/220VAC power
- Inputs: Stereo, 2x RCA jack (unbalanced)
- Outputs: Stereo, 2x RCA jack (unbalanced), six pos. Phoenix connector (balanced)
»Guide to Connecting your Computer to a Schedulon (XP, OSX, Linux)
»Download free sound effects and audio clips for your Schedulon (sirens, bells, cheers, etc)