Schedulon™ Programmable Digital Message Repeater with Scheduling and Recording
The ultimate digital message repeater and recording system for commercial applications. Now with PLAYLISTS!
New in Version 4: Use Audio in YOUR format! Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, and WAV playback (and MP3 too). To-the-second scheduling, 300% faster file upload speeds, user-editable GUI, two password levels (admin and control-only), lots more. Now – playlist creation and scheduling right from the web interface.
The Schedulon digital message repeater offers both instant playback of your audio via a convenient knob and screen, and also allows you to schedule sounds for automatic unattended playback – i.e. A bell every day at 08:00, safety announcements every 30 minutes, a special song every Saturday at 10:00, etc.
Robust flash-RAM memory (no hard-drive) makes the Schedulon message repeater tough and reliable – and unlike a PC-based solution, it can’t catch a virus or crash due to operating system errors. A robust internal Real Time Clock (RTC) ensures accurate time (+/-1 sec/mo), or the unit can be synched to an internet Time Server.
The Schedulon stores 200 hours of audio with the included drive, and with larger SD cards it stores over 10 HOURS of audio.
New Playlist feature! Now you can create playlists of audio files which then be both scheduled for playback just like a single audio file as well as assigned to a knob for on-demand playback. Playlists can be set to either play the audio file set in random or specific order. » Read More
The Schedulon can record audio from its stereo line-in jacks – audio is encoded as either OGG Hifi profile 44kHz format or 24kHz ADPCM-WAV format. Recorded audio files can be assigned to any desired knob location for playback. You can also use the recorded sound in a schedule for automatic playback.
The Schedulon integrates with your existing audio systems (i.e. internal building audio systems) using standard line-level cables, or order it with any Technomad Turnkey PA System. [ Technomad makes complete Carillon systems also – click here for more information. ]
Applications: facility scheduling (schools, airports, hospitals, casinos), corporate audio (no CDs to misplace, looping BGM and on-demand Cues), training, sports facilities (load team music or special effects for instant playback), automatic safety announcements (i.e. ‘airport announcements’), theme park audio, sound-effects, pool-side music or DJ applications, and much more.
» Read an application article about the Schedulon at Simi Valley Hosipital.
Load sounds by simply plugging the Schedulon’s SD Card into your computer for fast file transfer – or upload / manage files via Internet / LAN connection. Or – field–record audio via the Schedulon’s built-in recording function, then schedule the audio for playback or assign to the knob for instant access.
Unlike competing devices, ALL data storage – sounds, knob assignments, settings, and schedules – are stored on one, removable internal SD card. This means you can ‘clone’ an entire Schedulon setup to a folder on your computer, and even duplicate that folder to new SD cards to create exact working duplicates of a configured Schedulon
You can remotely manage the Schedulon via Internet / LAN connection – upload or delete audio files, edit the schedule, trigger sound playback or recording, make knob assignments and more – using any standard web browser. Web interface is password protected.
Features & Specifications (v4.0)
- Hatch-protected SD card (Security Screw option to meet non-removable media requirements)
- Front-Accessible Ethernet jack
- Dimensions: 1.75″ high, 19.5″ wide, 10.5″ deep (1U Rackmount)
- Weight: 4 lbs.
- Storage: 16 GB Standard – 200+ hours of audio at high quality. Unlimited tracks (to memory max). Easy upgrades for more memory.
- All sound files and schedule / knob assignment data are stored on Flash drive for easy removal and ‘cloning’ of the Schedulon if desired.
- File Transfer: Ethernet cable connects to PC, OR by removing SD card drive and connecting to PC.
- Standard file format – no proprietary card format, no special audio format.
- Local Recording – record audio directly to any knob position from the Schedulon’s line-in. Integral OGG or WAV encoding keeps audio quality high, file sizes small. Use recorded audio in schedules for automatic playback (see below), and/or play the recorded audio from the assigned knob ‘slot’.
- Scheduling: Unlimited scheduled events – sounds can be automatically played at any time of day on specific days of the week / weekdays / weekends, or at specific days. Sounds can be repeated and looped as part of a schedule. Audio files played from the front knob interrupt scheduled audio (for emergency warnings, etc), but scheduled audio resumes with next event start. Up to 100 lines of scheduling can be created.
- Instant Access: Audio files can be assigned to any of 99 Knob positions – these audio files can be selected from the knob on the front of the unit, and played instantly. Sounds can be set to loop indefinitely, play once through, or play only while the knob is pushed in.
- Ideal upgrade from: Roland AR-100, AR-200, Ar-3000, EV-20R TOA message repeaters, alarm co digital message repeaters, Alcorn-McBride digital audio machine, Sonorous, and other commercial-grade audio playback systems.
- Password-protected front knob lock out
- Remote control of unit (play sounds, stop sound playback) via network CGI-command language
- Edit schedule of units remotely via network
- Upload / delete sounds in unit remotely via network
- Power: 110/220VAC power
- Inputs: Stereo, 2x RCA jack, 2x screw terminal (optional)
- Outputs: Stereo, 2x RCA jack, 2x screw terminal (optional)
»Guide to Connecting your Computer to a Schedulon (XP, OSX, Linux)
»Download free sound effects and audio clips for your Schedulon (sirens, bells, cheers, etc)